Nokubonga’s suggests asking yourself questions that will help you define your purpose, capabilities and highest possibilities/footprint.
1. Defining and connecting with me
- Who am I?
- What are my passions & desires?
- What are my values?
2. My capabilities
- What are my strengths?
- What are my talents?
- What do I enjoy about my work/ interests?
- What I currently do on a daily basis/ regularly is it what I love doing? The person can first draw a list of what she does regularly and a list of what she loves doing (what makes her thrive) and do a comparison and the bigger the gap the more he/ she needs to connect with her WHY?
3. My highest possibilities/my foot print
- What is true about me today that would make my 40/60 year old self proud?
- How can I better serve the world?
- How can I express and share my talents to the world?
- What is my message to the world?
The first two assist in answering number three because you can better know your place in the world/ universe if you understand who you are and what matters to you. The next step will be to then to analyse where am I in relation to where I want to be and how I want to serve the world. Crafting a realistic and smart action plan gets you closer to your purpose.